Keepers of the First Lighthouse
1859 - 1873 Nathan Smith
1874 - 1883 William Faulkner
1884 (2 mo) Fred H. Faulkner
1884 - 1898 John Prescott Mosher
1898 - 1913 William Y. Failkner
Lighthouse became separated from mainland.
Keepers of the Second Lighthouse
1913 - 1916 William Y. Faulkner
1916 (2 mo) William Burton Faulkner
1917 - 1918 David Webber
1919 (2 mo) W.H. Faulkner
1919 - 1949 William Burton Faulkner
1949 - 1960 Erwin Faulkner
The Third Lighthouse
Many citizens of Burntcoat Head wished to see the lighthouse standing once more. In 1992, East Hants Tourism Association submitted a proposal to develop the Fundy Shore to the Central Nova Tourism Association. In 1993 the ownership of the property was turned over from the Queen to the Municipality of East Hants and a grant of $37,000 was received from the Cooperation Agreement for Tourism Development. The community raised another $5,000.
In July 1994, plans for the original second lighthouse were obtained from the Coast Guard, and by November the replica for the second lighthouse was almost complete. The Nova Scotia Youth Conservation Corps built footbridges and developed nature trails. Trees were planted, picnic tables purchased and some beautiful gardens were created. The grand opening took place on Canada Day, 1995.
Over the years the Municipality of East Hants and the seasonal staff who work in the Park have made further improvements. Most recently pine boards were installed on the floor and ceiling which gives the interior a beautiful, warm atmosphere. Additional furnishings have made displaying locally-made crafts and other products more attractive and easier to access. It is a work in progress!