Explore the Ocean Floor at Low Tide
This guided tour of the ocean brings you face to face with life under the world’s highest tides. Listen to local tales and learn the influence of the people on this landscape.
- Explore this delicate ecosystem with our experienced and knowledgeable guides.
- Discover life in the tide pools and mudflats as the tides recede.
- Stroll along the ocean floor, stopping to explore and capture amazing photos along the way!
The length of the tour is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes and covers 1-2 kilometers at a slow pace over varied terrain. If you have mobility issues we’re happy to help you understand the terrain to see if this tour is right for you. Please call us at 902-369-2529.
Cost per person:
Children/Youth 6 to 18: $10
No charge for children five and under
Things to keep in mind:
• Sturdy shoes or boots that are washable or waterproof are recommended for the uneven and sometimes slippery terrain. A foot wash is available at the top of the stairs after the tour but be aware that the Bay of Fundy mud may stain some fabrics.
• It’s often cooler on the ocean floor so a sweater or all-weather coat may be handy.
• We also recommend a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Tours run rain or shine. Please come prepared for all types of weather. Tours will be cancelled in case of thunder and lightning or other extreme conditions. Cancellations will also be posted to our Facebook page.