Take your family on an ocean floor adventure. Kids (and adults) will have a blast exploring tide pools, finding live sea creatures like hermit crabs and periwinkles and learning all about life under the bay with games and facts. Discover wonderful creatures and exciting ocean life hiding under the Bay of Fundy – home of the world’s highest tides!
Pack up your favorite picnic lunch and meet us at Burntcoat Head Park. As the tide retreats, uncovering the ocean floor, our adventure will begin.
- Fun and interactive guided tour and ocean floor scavenger hunt. Perfect for kids ages 5 – 10 and their guardians (at least 1 guardian required for every 4 children)
- Waterproof picnic blanket (one per family) is provided.
- When the tour wraps up at the lighthouse all the kids will be treated to a cold snack, new stuffed friend and a storybook to add to their library.
Register now! Dates & times (times vary with the tide schedule)
|July 29||11 a.m.|
|July 30||11 a.m.|
|August 16||12 noon|
|August 17||12:30 p.m.|
|August 30||11 a.m.|
|August 31||12 noon|
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your tour. Tours are approximately 2 hours long.
Price: $39.00 per child. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No charge for accompanying adults
Got questions? We can help! Call us at 902-369-2529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to Keep in Mind:
• Sturdy shoes or boots that are washable or waterproof are recommended for the uneven and sometimes slippery terrain. A foot wash is available at the top of the stairs after the tour but be aware that the Bay of Fundy mud may stain some fabrics.
• It’s often cooler on the ocean floor so a sweater or all-weather coat may be handy.
• We also recommend a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Tours run rain or shine. Please come prepared for all types of weather. Tours will be cancelled in case of thunder and lightning or other extreme conditions. Cancellations will also be posted to our Facebook page.
Cancellation policy: Municipality of East Hants will issue a full refund to participants if notice of the request to withdraw from the tour is received a minimum of 48 hours prior to the start of the tour. The request to withdraw must be made via email, in person, or by phone. No refunds are issued for withdrawal requests issued with less than 48 hours’ notice. In the event that a tour is canceled by the Municipality of East Hants, all pre-paid participants will receive full refunds.