Explore the Ocean Floor at Low Tide
- Discover life in the tidal pools and mudflats with experienced and knowledgeable guides.
- Observe and learn to identify the mud piddock, a local at-risk species.
- Learn how to safely explore our delicate ecosystems.
- Listen to local tales and learn the influence of the people on this landscape.
- Length of tour is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
- Distance covered: 1-2 kilometres at a slow pace over varied terrain. Mobility issues? Talk to our staff for recommendations.
Things to keep in mind:
- Tours should be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Spaces fill quickly and we cannot guarantee availability.
- It can be cooler on the ocean floor. A sweater or all-weather coat may be useful even on warm days.
- Wear a hat, sunglasses and don’t forget the sunscreen.
- Water and a small snack can be brought along.
- The ocean floor can be slippery and has uneven terrain. Sturdy shoes or boots that are washable are recommended. Flip flops and loose fitting sandals are not recommended. A foot wash is available.
- Tours are a rain or shine event so bring a smile and rain gear. Tours will only be cancelled in case of thunder and lightning or other extreme conditions.
- Tours start precisely at the listed time from the lighthouse. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to register and meet your guide at the lighthouse.
- Cancellation policy. There is no charge for cancellation but we ask that you please let us know 24 hours in advance if you are unable to make it.
Cost per person
Children/Youth 6 to 18: $10
No charge for children five and under
Family Rate: $50 (Two adults and children under 18)
Please register in advance for your tour by submitting your info in the form below.